Friday, January 29, 2010

Words cannot describe how incredible the food was. After the train from Bangkok, we stopped in the city of Kanchanaburi to stock up on supplies from the market. They were sweet enough to let me participate in the food prep, teaching me the thai technique of chopping papaya. After watching my method for 5 minutes, they suggested i peel the garlic and someone else would take over papaya duty. We had red snapper that cooked in this amazing broth over hot coals. Made some sort of a bi-valve, couldn't tell if it was a clam or a mussel, but you had to pry them open after they finished cooking. They assured me this was normal after my "doesn't this prying open thing mean that they were dead already" look. 10 kilos of shrimp, papaya salad, mango salad, the salads being extremely spicy. Noodles, crabs, corn, squid, cucumber...I know i'm forgetting some, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment