Saturday, January 30, 2010

Onward...

As Derek sweats his way through Bangkok today, he prepares for his trip to the north. In about 2.5 hours, I'll be taking a 13 hour train ride north to a city and province called Chang Mai. I reserved a sleeper compartment with air con, so it should be a pretty comfortable ride. I'll be staying in the north of Thailand for about 2 weeks until meeting up with friend Tara for several weeks of beach time and diving down south. I hope my spelling and grammar have not been a complete wreck show on this thing, it's been quite a while since I've written anything longer than 3 lines. That's about it for now...Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Chiang Mai. Great area. If you are planning on doing an elephant trek, I recommend Joe's Elephant Home http://www.thaielephanthome.com/. They take sustainable tourism more seriously compared to the other trekking/elephant companies up that a way. And Joe is a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you are having a really good time. I am really enjoying your pictures and commentary. Loved your "Bachelor" reference!! Stay safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete