Thursday, January 21, 2010

So let me describe for you what happens at a Thai disco.

--First off, there are no westerners, i was the only one, which is fine.

--There is no central dance floor. Each party of people has their own church bazaar-style, or beer-die-style table if you will, table that they hang out at. There must have been at least 100. You either sit, or dance in the aisle with your party or any adjacent party.

--There is no bar. Each table orders a bottle(s) with all the fixings; tonic, pepsi, ice bucket...There were 6 of us together and we got a bottle of some type of scotch whiskey called "100 Pipers." Thai people like to toast, and I mean like every 48 seconds. I think we had 2 bottles.

--When you use the men's room, and this really scared the shit out of me, there are bathroom attendants much like you would see in a nicer place in the states. Here's the difference. While peeing at one of the urinals, this attendant comes up behind me, puts a hot towel on the back of my neck, starts rubbing my shoulders, and say, "Massage! Massage!" I must have pissed on the wall because of my 6 inch involuntary vertical leap. I tried politely to say no, but I must have looked crazy. Apparently this is normal, and upon further visits to the bathroom noticed guys, while pissing, getting a warm towel neck rub for about .80cents. Not this guy.

The below photos were taken after the disco, which ended at 5, when we were getting food, around 6.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love love the use of beer die as a description... you are my hero. And love even more the bathroom story. You're an awesome blogger.

    ReplyDelete